Banana Bread


Helloo!!
I received a lot of love from you guys on my story yesterday when i posted about banana bread. Since a lot of you have asked for the recipe for it, here you go!

DISCLAIMER: This is not my own invented recipe, I took it from internet long time back.

This is a no fail recipe. I have made it countless times and its always loved by everyone. I don't own a bread loaf pan, so I made it in a regular square pan. You can use any pan too. Cupcake pan works great with this recipe as well.
And you can toss in chopped nuts, chocolate chips, whatever you want to. Also the best part is you don''t need a mixer or fancy appliances. A bowl and a fork would do the job :D




INGREDIENTS

  • 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

METHOD

1 Preheat the oven to 180°C, and grease a baking pan.
2 In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Add the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3 Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Lastly add in the flour.
4 Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 180°C, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
5 Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren't crumbly.) I like it warm with a cup of tea! So if you are like me, you are going to enjoy it even more 
Do share with me if you make it. I would love to see your creations!
Happy Baking!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts